Houston, Texas Neighborhoods
Houston Airports
Houston apartments
Houston Appraisals
Houston Drive Times
Houston Freeways
Houston home inspectors
Houston Hotels
Houston Facts
Houston Hospitals
Houston Mortgages
Houston Museums
Houston Real Estate
Public Schools
Houston Private Schools
Houston Radio
Houston Real Estate
Vacation Rentals
Houston Weather
Houston Car dealers


Contact Us




Southwest Houston

The southwest region encompasses part of Harris county and Fort Bend county. The far western part of this area is dotted with farms, ranches and horse boarding facilities. Several master-planned communities such as New Territory and Lake Olympia lie within top rated school districts. Arcola, Meadows, Missouri City, Stafford, Sugar Land, Richmond and Rosenberg are incorporated townships of Fort Bend County. It should be noted that the population of this area increased 50 % between 1980 and 1990. 


Meyerland is a residential district developed in the mid 1950's and is considered one of Houson's first "planned communities". Strict rules governing deed restrictions, architectural control and commercial development prohibitions were set prior to Meyerlands development. Meyerland homes are primarily 3 to 4 bedroom homes with two full baths, which was uncommon back in the 1950's. 

Alief & Sharpstown

The communities of Alief and Sharpstown experienced sharp growth in the 1960's and 1970's and offer a variety of life-styles. Small and mid-sized homes are readily available in these areas with prices going from the low $50's to $200,000. This area enjoys a variety of shopping centers and restaurants and is easily accessible to downtown. 

Sugar Land

The states oldest company, Imperial Sugar is located in Sugar Land and still operates in the old business district. Area residents enjoy three highly-regarded golf courses, the Brazos Bend State park and the George Observatory. Homes start in the $100's and easily go into the $500,000 range. 

First Colony

First Colony was settled on the banks of the Brazos River just north of present day Richmond. It was the first Anglo-American settlement in Texas and has been referred to as "First Colony" ever since. The master-planned community of First Colony is one of the more popular areas for settlement in Houston. New home construction is everywhere with most resale homes no older than 10 years. New tract homes, custom homes and golf course homesites can be found within First Colony. 


The Stafford area is home to a variety of technology firms and offers affordable housing with high standards of living for it's residents. There are eight major subdivisions in Stafford including Crestmont, Dove Country, Kingsway and South Meadows. Home prices can vary from as low as $70,000 to well into $1 million. 

Missouri City

Missouri City was incorporated in 1956 and is a growing community of 43,000 residents. It should be noted that approximately 90% of Missouri City lies within Fort Bend county while the remaining 10% lie with Harris county. The area is dotted by two golf courses, parks and recreational opportunities. Home prices range from $50,000 to $200,000 with new home construction readily available. The subdivisions of note are Quail Valley, Lake Olympia, Brightwater and Hunter's Glen. A special note should be given for Sienna Plantation, which is expected to double the area's population with it's planned 15,000 new home sites. 

Richmond & Rosenberg

The cities of Richmond and Rosenberg lie on the banks of the Brazos River and were originally a Spanish ranch. These two small farming communities attract folk's who enjoy small town communities as well as home value. A small starter home can begin in the $40's and new home construction starts in $70's. 

Visit this Houston Real Estate site for reduced priced homes in the Houston, Texas Area.

Neighborhoods Houston apartments Airports Weather Public Schools
Colleges Houston home inspectors Drive Time Houston Mortgages Radio
Museums Houston Hotels Television Houston Facts Freeways
Utilities Houston Real Estate Sports Private Schools Hospitals

Add Your site to HoustonAreaWeb.com

Houston Real Estate - Shutters Humble, Texas

Web www.houstonareaweb.com

Local sites : Humble, Texas - Kingwood, Texas - Atascocita, Texas - FM 1960 - Huffman - Spring Klein

This site is owned, operated, and is a free service provided by The Texas Network
PO BOX 2616 - Humble, Texas 77347 - Contact Us

The comments posted by users  of this site are property of the user.
Commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part of this website or any information
 contained in this web site without the prior written permission of The Texas Network is not permitted.
The content contained in this website is provided for informal informational purposes only.
This website and the information contained herein should not be relied upon or used as current information.
The Texas Network assumes no duty to update any information in this website at any time.